TERMS AND CONDITIONS of CHARIS UGANDA SAFARIS LIMITED
The Terms and Conditions displayed below are a very important part of the booking procedure. Here you will find everything you need to know about our tour policies.
1. OUR WEBSITE INFORMATION: Charis Uganda Safaris will make an effort to provide accurate, up-to-date and accurate l information on this site, neither the company nor any of its employees, agents and associates make any representations or give any warranties, whether explicitly, tacitly or indirect, as to the operation of the site, the information, content, materials and products included and available from this site. Charis Uganda Safaris may send e-mail messages to our clients with news and special offers and users may, by return mail, indicate whether they would prefer not to receive any such mail in future.
2. Consumers protection: Charis Uganda Safaris Limited sells ground handling, destination management services, tour, travel, car hire, Logistics support ticketing, International Hotel reservation and any other tour related services in Eastern (Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi) and is fully registered in Uganda therefore; bound to the Laws of the Land. The client agrees to be legally bound by the following Terms and Conditions, which shall take effect immediately on agreeing to work with Charis Uganda Safaris.
3. Reservations: When booking your holiday direct with Charis Uganda Safaris Ltd, please specify what tour you would like to undertake, number of days intended date for arrival and departure, number of people travelling in your party, accommodation preferences and flight details, if known. This will ensure that our arrangements are to your satisfaction and concise.
(b)The Customer will be required by the Tour Operator to provide photo ID at point of purchase the permits to ensure that their identity matches the booking identity. The customer will also be required by the Tour Operator to sign the booking confirmation/voucher to purchase the tour. A copy of this photo ID and/or signature may be retained by the Tour Operator in the event of a dispute. Where there is a discrepancy between the photo ID and the booking identity, the booking confirmation form, the voucher can be confiscated and immediately cancelled without refund.
(c) Please note that some tours may not be automatically available for booking, so customers will need to send us a request for availability via contact page or electronic mail. On confirmation we request that, you read and agree with our terms and conditions before you check out and pay the deposit. Do not miss any required information; otherwise the booking form will not go through. After the payment is registered, booking procedure is complete and customer will receive a payment receipt via e-mail.
(d) All bookings are accepted on the specific condition that Charis Uganda Safaris and its agents act only as agents of passengers in all matters relating to accommodations, tours, transport, and many others; We shall not be liable for any injury, delays, loss or damage in any manner whatsoever or should there be the incident that an airline discontinues flights on certain routing or change scheduled timetables resulting in missed connections etc. Should an amendment in a routing or itinerary be necessary we will re-quote you accordingly.
Quoting our Tour Prices:
Please ensure that the quotation given with details of number of clients, dates, accommodation, transportation- comprehensively insured, permits, park fees and all other services to be provided is clear and accurate before confirming the booking in writing. Local airport departure tax, visa fees, tips, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry and other personal expenses, some of the cost can be paid at the hotels. All references to quotations in writing shall include reference to correspondence by electronic mail. The price of your chosen holiday will be confirmed at the time of booking. We reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices and will do so as soon as we become aware of any such error.
Accuracy of Information and Limitation of Liability
(a) Charis Uganda Safaris will give descriptions, information and opinions in respect of national parks, animal sightings, accommodation, flights itineraries, gorilla permits and security are given in good faith, based on the latest information available to us. Every care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information provided. We cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions caused by matters beyond our control.
(b) Charis Uganda Safaris will make every effort to safeguard its customers and their personal property, but cannot be held responsible for personal events beyond the tour operators control, accidents, injury, damages sustained by tourists including those occurring outside the tour, sickness or schedule change due to weather, strike, loss or any other cause beyond the tour operator’s control, or to damage sustained by tourists including those occurring outside the touring program. The client is advised to have their travel Insurance to meet all contingencies.
© Charis Uganda Safaris Ltd does not accept liability to the Customer (or any other person) for any act or omission on the part of the Client /Tour Operator/ Service provider including (but not limited to) any accident, loss or damage which the Customer or any other person might suffer as a result of the Tour and the Customer agrees to release and indemnity Charis from and against any such claim in that respect.
6. Payment Terms: All prices are quoted in US dollars and or Euros; you may pay by cash to Charis Uganda Safaris Ltd, swift telegraphic wire transfer into our bank account, where payment is by cash. Charis Uganda Safaris requires that when you confirm your trip it would be pleasant to commit a 50% deposit payment by Bank transfer required 6 month before the intended departure, you can pay the balance to us 30 days prior to commencement of the tour. Charis Uganda Safaris will send you an electronic on receipt of payment, and thereby confirm your safari. If a Booking is made within 30 days of departure, the entire amount must be paid at the time of confirmation and the notes should be in the series (year) of 2000 above not below.
7. Price Variation: Before full confirmation, we also reserve the right to withdraw a tour or any part of it, to make such alterations in the itinerary as desirable, to refuse to accept or retain as a member of any tour any person at any time, and to pass on to tour members any expenditure or losses caused by delays or events beyond our control. Charis Uganda Safaris Ltd reserves the right to revise cost of the safari without prior notice written following events: Official devaluation or revaluation of the local destination currency against the United States Dollar, the EURO, the Sterling Pound or the currency of the country in which the booking is made (if different), – Any statutory increase in taxes or other dues imposed by the local Governments or any officer or agent thereof. -Any local increase in the price of aviation fuel; motor vehicle fuel or cost of transport which forms part of the Services.-Any increase in the cost of accommodation or meals forming part of the Services and Any increase in entrance fees to national parks, national reserves and sanctuaries and any other entrance fees forming part of the Service.
8. Cancellation after booking payment has been made: (a) Full refund if cancellation is made in writing within 120 days of the booking and prior to the commencement of the safari. Refund on all prepaid money will be based on tour deposits. Generally there is a 20%charge on cancellations within 100 days, 30%charge on cancellations within 60-99 days, 50% charge on cancellations within 40-59 days, 75% charge within 15-39 days, and 100% charge within 0-14 days. We reserve the right to deduct all the expenses incurred from any money paid. Gorilla and Chimpanzee permits are non refundable. Groups Tour leader: A bona fide Group tour leader discount may be offered for every: mini of 30 clients 100% discount for one tour leader, mini of 52 – 60 clients 100% for 2 tour leaders and 62 and above clients 100% for 3 tour leaders will get free accommodation in half twin (i.e. sharing room). If staying in single, single room supplement will be charged accordingly. The tour leader discount applies only on accommodation, but other extras i.e. food, drinks, flights and all optional services are charged accordingly. Note: The hotels will require final rooming list 30 days prior to the group’s arrival.
In some accommodation properties, non-refundable booking fee is required to hold the rooms either all year round or during the peak season when there is extra ordinary demand for accommodation. These will be advised upon a booking confirmation. No refunds are given for: lost travel time or substitution of facilities and/or accommodations; itineraries amended after departure; not appearing for any accommodation, tour, game viewing or other booked activities; and/or cutting short the booked itinerary for any reason.
(b) Complaints/Refund: If the clients has a complaint/refund query about any aspect of his/her holiday it should be reported immediately to Charis Uganda Safaris Ltd local representative in the country who will do them best to resolve the matter during the safari. If the problem is not resolved to the client’s satisfaction any further complaint/refund query should be made by client in writing to Charis Uganda Safaris Ltd, not later than 30 days following completion of the holiday. Failure to do this may mean for future of claim against Charis Uganda Safaris, there will be no refund on unutilized services. Refunds are at the discretion of the relevant authority and we cannot accept liability for them. There is no refund for the any fees paid for the gorillas and chimps however will try to claim refund from relevant authorities but cannot guarantee. Note: that the chances of seeing the gorillas stand at 98%.
9. A Tour Alteration: Whereas we want to ensure your comfort and safety we reserved the right to alter any route or arrangement, to cancel the operation of any scheduled tour should the conditions necessitate if that happens you shall be notified as early as may be practical by email or telephone call. The right is also reserved to decline, accept or retain any member of the tour at any time. If, for any reason, you are dissatisfied with your tour package, we want to hear about it; contact us as within 48 hours of the incident by electronic mail.
10. Transferring a Booking: In the event that you’re unable to travel due to extraordinary circumstances, we may transfer your booking to another party or date provided the arrangements remain the same and if suppliers (airlines, hotels, lodges etc) are ready to accept the transfer; however Gorilla permits are not transferable.
11. Transportation: Charis Uganda Safaris Ltd, Operates a fleet of comprehensively insured vehicles, every effort is made to ensure that vehicles are provided in a roadworthy condition but no liability can be accepted for breakdown, or any damage or delay. Company vehicles are driven by the company’s, fully trained experienced English speaking Guide whose decision on all matters, such as the route taken, is final. The mode of transport utilized will be dependent on the number of clients and the route taken based on the specification of the chosen itinerary.
12. When Viewing Animals on Safari: Only when payment has been sent in 3-6 months in advance can we purchase the (chimpanzee & Gorilla) permits for you. Caution is advised when viewing the animals, please be advised that there are no guarantees; It is a privilege to see animals in their natural habitat, but keep a safe distance while taking the photographs. We are unable to accept liability for any circumstance that might lead to gorilla and/or chimpanzee viewing being cancelled, whether it is closure of the National Park or borders; absence of the gorillas and/or chimpanzees; security changes. Refunds are at the discretion of the relevant authority and we cannot accept liability for them. Children under 12 years are not allowed to track chimpanzees and children under 15 years are not allowed to trek the gorillas. Getting a gorilla permit is not a guarantee of seeing a gorilla. Local conditions sometimes mean that access to the gorillas is made impossible at short notice.
13. Parents traveling with Children: When parents travel with their Children of ages under12years, they will share a room with two adults will pay 50% – 75% and Children below 5years travel free of the rate quoted except on air, safaris, adventure programs, gorillas or chimpanzee trekking where they are charged adult fees. Some wildlife lodges and tented camps accommodate a maximum of 2 persons per room an extra bed will not be provided in the room. Other restrictions may apply from time to time. Children rates are available on request for the tour.
14. Required Travel Insurance: Charis advises the client to buy travel insurance through your Agent before coming to Uganda/however local evacuation coverage is available in the unlikely event of a medical emergency during the tour. Please request this at the time of booking in case you require us to purchase this for you, and it will depend on how many days you will spend in Uganda.
Insurance: It is a condition of booking that you must have, and must demonstrate to your travel agent or us at the time of booking that you have, appropriate insurance for the type of holiday being taken with us. Such insurance should fully cover personal injury, medical expenses, cover death, personal injury, medical expenses, repatriation in the event of accident or illness or death, cancellation or curtailment of the holiday by either side and loss of, damage to, or theft of the clients’ personal property. Activities with a greater inherent risk, such as mountaineering, animal tracking on foot, white-water rafting should be covered.
16. Your Complaints/ Claim to refund: If the clients has a complaint/refund query about any aspect of his/her holiday it should be reported immediately to Charis Uganda Safaris local representative in the country who will do them best to resolve the matter during the safari. If the problem is not resolved to the client’s satisfaction any further complaint/refund query should be made by client in writing to the Company not later than 30 days following completion of the holiday. Failure to do this may mean for future claim against Charis Uganda Safaris. There will be no refund on unutilized services.
17. The Force Majeure: We regret we cannot accept liability or pay compensation where the performance or proper performance of our obligations is prevented or affected by any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events include war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, border closures, unexpected government acts, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, extreme weather conditions, fire, technical and/or mechanical problems to transport, r5oad closures, disease and all similar events beyond our control.